Why your website is so important
Over 60% of business decisions are made based on information obtained from the Internet. A corporate website and online strategy should do three things very, very well:
The information that prospects need in order to choose you over a competitor must be easy to find and flow logically both vertically, from overview to detail, and horizontally, from topic to topic. Ensuring that visitors’ questions are quickly satisfied is achieved through a combination of the following:
- Clear, compelling copy
- Visual cues: images, video, headers
- Website usability planning, including click path prediction
- Search functionality
- Engaging, information – packed outbound messaging
- Encourage discussion and community-building with social media tools
2. Inspire confidence
Your website is your calling card. It is likely the first point of contact for many prospects, and is generally the first resource that all prospects will evaluate. It must portray your organization in the way that you want to be thought of: sophisticated, established, and trustworthy, with great depth of resources and a winning proposition.
Factors in portraying confidence:
- Sophisticated design, navigation, photography, great copy
- Sufficient depth of information
- Cutting edge tools such as sales/instructional/testimonial videos, html e-newsletter, social media tools, white papers, etc.
3. Generate sales
The evolved website demands a more interactive user experience. It also drive sales leads into the funnel—not passively, but actively. In this way it ceases to be another piece of marketing collateral and turns into one of your top salespeople.
How this can happen:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): the science/art of getting your website to come up on the first page of search results when someone searches for a term important to your business.
- Sales video: a professional sales video embedded on the home page of your website is a powerful tool which accelerates learning and speeds sales conversions. See this example that customizes the message to a variety of audiences.
- Email newsletter: really good, informative content is always a hot commodity. The proper html newsletter strategy can increase online leads from dozens to hundreds per month and fill your contact database with tens of thousands of qualified prospects. Remember that this if you don’t have an email marketing foundation, all the social media tools in the world won’t help you. Remember: these things work together.
- White papers: these tools position an organization as a thought leader in their field and can be used both as sales aids by the team and as part of a website-based lead capture system.
If you are ready to invest in your ability to attract, convince and sell, please get in touch to find out more.